THE HOUSTON CARE PLAN PROVIDES:
- Regular dental appointments (up to two per year) including:
- Clinical examinations
- Oral cancer screening
- X-rays, where clinically necessary
- Regular hygiene appointments (up to two per year) to provide:
- A scale and polish
- Periodontal advice
- Preventive techniques to reduce decay and gum disease
- Assessment of emergencies, with any necessary temporary treatment carried out at the practice during normal surgery hours.
- All treatment planning for your future dental needs.
- All subsequent remedial work within 12 months of recommended restorative work.
- 20% reduction off any laboratory-based treatments required, such as crowns, bridges and dentures.
- 20% reduction off any fillings.
- Worldwide Trauma Insurance to protect against the cost of large unforeseen accidental damage.
- Emergency Callout Insurance, should you need a dentist in an emergency, anywhere in the world.
- Redundancy Protection for up to 12 months.
THE HOUSTON ENHANCED DENTAL CARE PLAN
This offers all the features of the Houston Dental Care Plan, but members are entitled to two dental appointments and up to four hygiene appointments per year.
Please note, discounts only apply to treatments carried out at the practice.
WORLDWIDE TRAUMA AND EMERGENCY CALLOUT INSURANCE
- Emergency Callout – cover can be provided by any dentist, worldwide, who agrees to treat you. You simply pay the emergency callout charge to the dentist concerned and collect a receipted invoice. This will then be processed through the practice for reimbursement from the insurers and you will be refunded the callout fee, minus the excess, up to the policy limits. This cover is to provide immediate pain relief only, no additional or restorative treatment fees can be claimed. You should return to the practice in normal hours for any necessary further treatment.
- Dental Trauma – cover is provided should you be unfortunate enough to suffer a dental trauma, for example, as a result of a road traffic accident or an accident at home or at work. The insurers will settle the claim up to the policy limits and you will need to pay any relevant excess.
- Hospitalisation – benefit is provided should you have to stay in hospital as a result of dental trauma.
- Permanent Facial Disfigurement – benefit is provided should you be scarred on the neck or face as a result of the accident.
- Oral Cancer – a payment will be paid upon diagnosis of oral cancer.
- Redundancy Protection (not included in the Registration and Insurance Scheme) – Plan premiums paid for up to one year.
A leaflet giving details of the insurance cover, limits, excesses and exclusions is available at the practice.
Practice staff are permitted to provide you with information about the insurance that is included in your plan on behalf of Practice Plan Limited, the Plan Administrator. However, practice staff are not permitted to give advice about the insurance, e.g. to compare this insurance with other dental insurance on the market. If you have any questions about this insurance, please call Practice Plan Limited on 01691 677954.
REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE SCHEME
If you would prefer to pay on a fee-per-item basis, we need you to use our Registration and Insurance Scheme. Registration with the practice costs £40.00 per year and will include the insurance cover described above (except Redundancy Protection). It is, however, conditional upon you attending the practice at least once a year for a check-up and having any remedial work undertaken as soon as possible, for which payment is not covered.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Please call in at the practice where an Agreement will be completed. To set up the Direct Debit mandate, we will need your signature and bank account details. Direct Debits are collected from your account on the 8th of every month. Benefit from your cover will commence from 1st of the month (effective month on the dentist/patient agreement). If you have any queries, please ask a member of staff.
For more information about our practice plan, please visit www.practiceplan.co.uk.